Leather furnishing is the ultimate addition to any room, sumptuous and classy, it has been a feature with interior decor since time began. Modern leather is well treated and the ideal material for furniture covering, and some say it is like a fine wine, as it gets better with age. In order for leather furniture to retain its condition, it needs regular treatment, and there are a few simple rules to avoid damaging your expensive leather furniture.
- Do Dust and Vacuum – Some people are under the misapprehension that leather furniture can be left as it is, and it will always have that new look about it, but in reality, neglect only leads to faded and worn leather. The vacuum will pull all the food crumbs from the folds and creases, and by using a narrow attachment, you can get into all the nooks and crannies you typically find on leather sofas and armchairs.
- Don’t Let Stains Set – Leather is a hardy covering, and while it is difficult for any stain to penetrate, it could lead to discolouration, therefore it is essential to remove any stain as soon as possible. It is better to blot rather than wipe the stain, as this prevents it from spreading, and by using some thick kitchen roll or tissue, you will be able to remove most of the substance before it does any damage.
- Do Nourish and Condition – Leather furniture needs this on a regular basis, and saddle soap is the ideal substance, as it removes dirt and built up grime, while softening and protecting the leather at the same time. You may not see the immediate benefits of your efforts, but over time, your furniture will retain its clean look and will last much longer.
- Don’t Neglect your Leather – Children and pets can soon cause scratches and deep marks, and in this environment, the leather should be wiped down daily with a damp cotton cloth. There are products you can apply that seal the leather, and if this is done every few months, the furniture will stand up to the rigours of family life a lot better.
- Do Consult the Professionals – Leather furniture is never cheap, and with such an investment, it makes sense to consult the experts. If possible, talk to the company that supplied the furniture, as they would know how to maintain it. If you are in Western Australia, and are looking for a new 3 piece suite, consider furniture in Perth from Webber Furniture, with the best range of leather and Scandinavian furniture at affordable prices.
- Don’t Allow Strong Sunlight to penetrate the leather, as this will surely cause discolouration and fading. Suitable blinds or curtains can protect your leather furniture during those sunny afternoons, and this will prolong the life significantly.
Treating leather furniture correctly will help to retain that clean and shiny look, and your living room will also be odour free and more hygienic for the family.
Although impressed, rigid, leather its flexibility should be maintained in order not chapped. Check out tips on caring for leather sofa sofa conditioner moisturized and wear.
A great many benefits and advantages of having leather furniture. In addition, natural leather sofa upholstery is also durable and looks beautiful as the center of attention in the room. Leather is also one of the more charming look material over his age because of the added luster of growing when used frequently. Behind all these advantages, leather furniture requires routine maintenance and extra attention to always look good. This article explains the basics of how to care for leather and clean leather sofas.
Leather Sofa Care
- Leather basically producing oil to coat and protect the surface. Without this oil layer, the skin will rapidly aging and showed a sign of cracked or chapped because it was too dry.
- During his life, leather furniture will lose its natural oil layer. Therefore, you need to replace the oil content with leather care products such as conditioner and moisturiser in order to protect the surface of the leather.
- In order to keep your leather furniture looks elegant in the long term, do not place it in direct sunlight or other heat source because of the heat and the Sun’s rays cause skin to become dry material so easily cracked and faded colors. Place the leather furniture at least one meter from the source of heat.
Clean Your Leather Sofa Regularly
- Clean the surface of the leather sofa from dust using a fluffy brush. You need to work on it once a week if Your leather furniture is often used, particularly if the direct contact with your skin. If the dust suction engine wear, use the downy and be careful not to scratch the surface. In addition to getting rid of the dust, this activity also aims to eliminate the dead skin particles and other impurities that accumulate on the skin. Make sure you also clean edges, seams, cracks and furniture because it is these areas often gather dirt.
- Wipe the furniture thoroughly. Use a clean cloth that has been moistened with soft material with a little warm water to wipe the surface of the furniture once a week. Wring a wet rag so as not soaking wet when used to wipe your leather furniture.
- Apply a conditioner or leather special humidifiers. This step is an important part when cleaning leather sofas. Read the rules of use cleaning leather sofas that you will wear and test in a small hidden section first. If no color change occurs, apply leather cleaning leather sofas evenly on the surface of the leather in a room that has air circulation. Follow Your furniture care instructions also.
Clean up Spill Stains from leather sofas
- Pat-Pat, don’t wipe spills liquid. This is the most important principle when handling spills a drink, food, ink, or other fluids on the leather. Wipe spills will only make the stain extends and change the color of leather. Enough of Pat-Pat of the spill is slowly wearing damp cloth to subjugate them.
- Use a special leather cleaning product to remove stains that are more serious. Read and follow the instructions on the packaging of the product usage.
- Apply conditioner or moisturized skin to restore its suppleness.